- Our Hotel
- Packages & Deals
- Our City
- Maps & Transportation
Boulder Colorado, founded in 1859, is beautifully nestled in the foothills of the majestic Rocky Mountains below a rock formation know as The Flatirons.
Boulder, Colorado is over 25 square miles of beautiful scenery, shopping, dining, recreation and entertainment. Home to the University of Colorado, the states flagship university, Boulder, Colorado resides at an elevation of 5,430 feet and receives upwards of 300 sunny or mostly sunny days each year- so it isn’t hard to see why over 100,000 residents proudly call Boulder, Colorado home.
From museums, to music, art and galleries; spas and relaxation to a recreational haven with more than 31,000 acres of recreational open space – Boulder, Colorado will have just what you are looking for.
Just in case you need more reasons to visit….
- Top 10 Winter Towns – National Geographic, Dec. 21, 2010
America’s Top 25 Arts Destinations, AmericanStyle magazine. Boulder ranked ninth among smaller cities.
- “America’s Foodiest Town” (Ranking #1) – Bon Appétit magazine (read the article), October 2010
- Top 25 Destinations in the US (Ranking #19) – TripAdvisor.com
- Traveler’s Choice 2010 Best Destinations “Top 25 Destinations in the United States” (Ranking #19) – TripAdvisor.com
- “The West’s 20 Best Small Towns” (Boulder ranked as a favorite eco-friendly small town) – Sunset magazine, March 2009
The above are just a few of the many accolades Boulder, Colorado has received in recent years – for a full list visit BoulderColorado.gov.
Did you know…
- Pioneer women named the Flatiron Mountains because they said they resembled the irons they used to iron their clothes.
- One of the Flatirons trumps the Empire State Building by a few hundred feet-soaring at 1,400 feet.
- The exterior of the home used in “Mork & Mindy”, a well-known television show, is located in Boulder, Colorado.
- Portions of the movie “Sleeper” were filmed at The National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado. The movie starred Woody Allen.