- Our Hotel
- Packages & Deals
- Our City
- Maps & Transportation
As part of our continuing commitment to the environment, the Boulder Creek Quality Inn & Suites has made the following green efforts to support our planet and our community.
In 2010 The Boulder Creek Quality Inn & Suites was recognized by Partners for A Clean Environment (PACE) for our commitment to environmental sustainability. PACE partners are leaders in the business community who are setting the standard by meeting industry-specific criteria, including energy and water efficiency, resource and hazardous waste management, green purchasing, sustainable transportation, water protection, and the use of less-toxic chemicals.
- 2012 Watts to Water Visionary Award Winner
- 2012 Boulder County Energy Smart Business Award for Business Strategy
- 2011 CHLA Green Hospitality Award Winner: 2nd place recipient for Lewis Hotels with our sister property The Golden Hotel.
- Solar Powered: The property features 112 panels which will save 28,312 kWh of electricity production annually for the next thirty years. The hotel has a monitoring system displayed in their lobby which shows daily savings as well as historical data. Click here for a detalied press release and fact sheet.
- Energy Efficient Light Bulbs: The hotel has been retrofitted to accommodate various size and wattage of energy efficient bulbs.
- Energy Star Certified: The hotel is Energy Star Certified. Not only does Boulder Creek Quality Inn & Suites improve the quality of the environment, but it also costs less to operate. Click here for a detailed press release.
- Composting Program: Composting of breakfast program waste including soiled paper plates, cups and corn starch utensils.
- Recycled Paper: The hotel purchases paper made of 30% recycled content and also has a paper re-use program.
- Automatic Setback Thermostats: All guest rooms have an energy management system in place that will return the temperature to a pre-programmed energy reducing level while rooms are not occupied.
- Energy Saver Electronics and Equipment: The hotel purchases Energy Star rated appliances, electronics and equipment including televisions, water heaters, copiers, computers and more when replacing such items.
- Towel and Linen Reuse Program: Guests have the opportunity to do their part by choosing to reuse bed linens and towels reducing energy, water and detergents required for daily laundering. Public restrooms are equipped with reusable hand towels as a guest option to reduce usage of paper towels.
- Bicycle Program: The hotel offers complimentary bicycles to their guests – this gives guests the opportunity to ride to their destinations when possible instead of driving.
- Buy Local: The hotel is mindful of purchasing local and organic products.
- Green Room Keys: The hotel uses the “greenest cards available”. They are 100% PVC free, produced with 30% less energy than plastic cards, made from Nordic Birch harvested from certified sustainably managed forests in Scandinavia. Switching to these sustainable cards reduces your carbon footprint by 50%.
- Green Team: Team consists of representatives from each of the Lewis Properties who are committed to our continued eco-friendly efforts. This includes working with local consultants to improve green initiatives and sustainability.
- Products with Recycled Content: The hotel breakfast program uses all recycled products or recyclable plastic and they also purchase recycled toner cartridges for use.
- Environmentally Friendly Products: The hotel is committed to purchasing non-toxic environmentally friendly products, including purchasing cleaning and laundry supplies from a company that is LEED-EB Gold Certified.
- Motion Sensor Lighting:
- Motion sensor lighting has been installed in public and employee restrooms.
- Exterior lighting is controlled by a sensor that turns on lights at dusk and off at dawn.
- Water Conservation:
- All guest bathrooms have low flow shower heads and faucets. (2.5 gallons per minute showerheads)
- All guest and public bathrooms have duel flush toilets which use .08 gallons for liquid waste and 1.28 gallons for solid. This equates to a 44% water savings compared to traditional 1.6 gallon toilets.
- The Boulder Creek Quality Inn & Suites has a xeriscaped garden and waters only in the morning to minimize evaporation.
- Recycling Program:
- This program encompasses all recyclable items including aluminum cans, glass bottles, tin, paper, plastic, batteries, toner cartridges and more.
- Recycle / Composting receptacles are located in the breakfast area of their hotel.
- Each guest room has individual receptacles for recyclable items.
- Reduced Amenities Waste:
- Guest bathrooms are outfitted with Wave Brand Spa shampoo, shower gel, hand soap and lotion dispensers; reducing the amount of plastic bottles and partially used bar soap in landfills.
- When a guest requests individual amenities, the hotel uses Green Natura Products that are packaged in Plastarch Materials, a corn based biodegradable material.
Part of the Choice Hotels International Supports Green Practices Program. “Supports Green Initiatives” designates a hotel’s participation in an optional environmental program that includes the use of energy-efficient lighting, guestroom towel / linen re-use and on-premise recycling.
The Boulder Creek Quality Inn & Suites offers guests the option to purchase a reusable water bottle. $0.50 of each purchase goes to the Colorado Carbon offset fund. Multiple water fill stations are set up around the hotel for the guest’s convenience.
Discover the warm hospitality, well-appointed rooms, and business and leisure facilities of the Boulder Creek Quality Inn & Suites – “a place that you will remember, and more importantly, we will remember you.” Book your Boulder Creek reservations online for Our Best Internet Rate Guarantee.