Pets are such an important part of our families and accordingly more and more families are choosing to travel with their pets. 79% of pet owners travel with their dogs, while 14% travel with their cats. Most pet owners think the airline fees to travel with their pets are too high; making road trips a popular way to bring along your four legged friends. The rise in traveling pets has spurred a growth in pet travel websites, making traveling with your pet easier than ever. Finding pet friendly hotels and establishments is right at your fingertips.
This has also sparked a growth in pet friendly hotels, packages and amenities. 58% of pet owners that travel with their pets base their trip around hotels that offer the best pet friendly accommodations.
Don’t you love it when your pet receives a welcome bag or gift upon arrival? It’s those special touches that we really appreciate and we know our pets do as well (they just may only be able to show it through a wag of their tail).
We at the Boulder Creek Quality Inn & Suites also realize the importance and popularity of pet travel. We love pets and all of our four legged visitors (you may even find Samantha, a Wheaten Terrier or Frankie, a Maltipoo (hotel owners) at our property on any given day)! We warmly greet them with a welcome package, two homemade biscuits, biscuit recipe and gifts!
If you choose to road trip it, following are a few steps that will insure safe and happy travels!
1. Don’t leave your pet in the car – even for a short time! Even with the windows cracked or down the temperature inside the car can rise 10 degrees in a matter of minutes
2. Make sure you have plenty of water and a drinking bowl available
3. Bring along their favorite blanket or bed if possible to make them feel at home
4. Don’t forget their leash and keep them on it for their safety (most hotels have leash rules)
5. Stop to stretch your legs and take bathroom breaks
6. Make sure you have their treats and food readily available
7. Plan out your stops in advance- there may be some beautiful lakes, picnic areas or attractions that may make the stop enjoyable for the whole family
So bring your pet along – let them enjoy the family time too!